Parameter retains value after modification with toggle/lock + delta change parameter modification

scott....@lambention.com

Apr 7, 2015, 1:45:51 PM4/7/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Currently I am using the y accelerator on my wii remote to to modify a parameter (like intensity), but only when the b button is being pressed, otherwise the value is 100 --

selectCondition(wii.remote1.b,smooth(0.02,wii.remote1.y),100)

 is there a way to have the parameter retain the value once b is untoggled instead of going back to 100?

a step further... is it possible to have the value modified based on the delta of change from the controller .. ie: unlock b, then modify paramater value based on delta y?

Mathieu

Apr 8, 2015, 8:23:16 AM4/8/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
The latch and latchDelta functions are what you need!

>>  is there a way to have the parameter retain the value once b is untoggled instead of going back to 100?

latch(wii.remote1.b, wii.remote1.y)

>> is it possible to have the value modified based on the delta of change from the controller?

latchDelta(wii.remote1.b, wii.remote1.y)

Cheers!
Mathieu