Universe order

Jack

Jan 6, 2018, 2:37:26 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
I have patched 16 universes. All fine.

But now I want to use only universe 8-16. The second half of the universes. The devices that use universe 1-8 are not connected.

If I connect the controllers they appear in Lightjams as universe 1-8. How do I force them to be 8-16 ?
(two leDmx4 pro controllers connected. )

Why is Lightjams putting them on 1-8 ?

Michael Potvin

Jan 6, 2018, 3:17:30 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
change the settings on the controllers to listen to other universes

Jack

Jan 6, 2018, 3:26:25 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
Aha. I have been trying to get it right that way, but couldn't find out what to do exactly.

The thing I tried was changing the four universe adresses of the controller. Actually, with the DMX king program it was working okay. I transmitted all FF's to Universe 8 and it worked. Then tried to transmit to universe F, that worked too.

It's just that in Lightjams they appear as universe 1-8. I'm doing something wrong.. but what...

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 2:37 PM, Jack <jackde...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have patched 16 universes. All fine.

But now I want to use only universe 8-16. The second half of the universes. The devices that use universe 1-8 are not connected.

If I connect the controllers they appear in Lightjams as universe 1-8. How do I force them to be 8-16 ?
(two leDmx4 pro controllers connected. )

Why is Lightjams putting them on 1-8 ?

Jack

Jan 6, 2018, 3:38:15 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
attached LeDMX4 start universe. Looks good to me.

I must have forgotten to do something else...  I have the feeling I should do something on the Port A tab.. near  the text Update..

Do I set the start universe there ?
start universe.png
start universe2.png

Michael Potvin

Jan 6, 2018, 3:39:40 PM1/6/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Try hitting refresh in the art net options in light jams

Lightjams has an issue where sometimes artnet doesn’t auto refresh, could be an artnet auto detection system in general, as LJ seems to be better at auto detecting artnet nodes than basically any other system I’ve used

Michael Potvin
Nitemind.us

Jan 6, 2018, 3:51:39 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
yeah... refresh. Always a good thing.

But the universes aren't shifting to the right.

I have one controller broadcast, the other unicast. Don't know if that makes any difference. I doubt it, but anyway..
an artnet mess.png

Michael Potvin

Jan 6, 2018, 4:02:36 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
have you patched into the universes that you want to use in the patch sheet?

Jack

Jan 6, 2018, 4:05:59 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
Yes I did. And that remark just made me aware of the fact that I hadn't activated the groups with the right fixtures.

I activated the group with the grids with the patched fixtures, and now the universes are to the right.

I think I can handle it from here..  Hey man, many thanks for your help !!

Jack

Jan 6, 2018, 4:08:23 PM1/6/18
to Lightjams
It's working !!

see attached image.

On Saturday, 6 January 2018 22:02:36 UTC+1, Michael Potvin wrote:
artnet fun.png