DMXIS did I buy the wrong interface

1969bzimmem

Jan 7, 2019, 9:29:32 PM1/7/19
to Lightjams
So I feel I messed up and bought the wrong USB to DMX interface. I purchased the Enttec DMXIS product. Could you validate that for me?

I also have been working with Ableton Live and the VST plugin, and I understand that Lightjams now supports the VST plugin, but I can't wrap my head around the setup for this.

Ultimately I am trying to find a way to do automation lanes like Ableton and map audio features to a lighting effect. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Mathieu

Jan 8, 2019, 8:16:10 AM1/8/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

You only needed to buy a generic USB to DMX interface like one of these: https://www.lightjams.com/getIt.html#dongles. For the Lightjams VST plugin, the instructions are here: https://www.lightjams.com/vst-dmx.html. It's a way to control Lightjams directly from Ableton or other DAWs.