LJ Recorder Feature Request - .FSEQ File Format

Damien Paul

Apr 26, 2024, 12:44:45 AMApr 26
to Lightjams
Hi Mathieu!

I am intrigued by the LJ Recorder you developed.

I've been using xCapture to record shows for use with the popular and widespread FPP-based pixel controller boards.  However, that software currently leaves a lot to be desired.  It has issues with sACN recording and anything unicast, plus half the time, the files seem to get corrupted.

The FPP project uses a file format called FSEQ for playback, which appears to be documented and open source.  Here are a few links if you're curious:

What do you think about the possibility of supporting this format in a future version of the LJ recorder?

Thanks,
Damien

Mathieu

Apr 26, 2024, 8:37:35 AMApr 26
to Lightjams
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. The Lightjams recorder special feature is to record in a standard video file format. So while the FSEQ format might also be interesting, it doesn't really fit with the goal of the Lightjams recorder. This might be something to consider for another recorder app or a feature in Lightjams though.

Damien Paul

Apr 26, 2024, 2:05:56 PMApr 26
to Lightjams
That's fair and totally understandable.

I know that there are many users of those boards here in the States for pixel mapping projects if that might be a consideration for a separate feature/app.

Best regards,
Damien