Light to note match.

koolf...@optusnet.com.au

Jan 9, 2018, 9:35:57 AM1/9/18
to Lightjams
Hi Mat
I am wanting to musical note match to lightjams sources. eg ( A A# B C C# D etc.) is there a formula?
cheers

Mathieu

Jan 9, 2018, 2:58:09 PM1/9/18
to Lightjams

koolf...@optusnet.com.au

Jan 10, 2018, 4:14:48 PM1/10/18
to Lightjams
Thank you for that. it works well.
I was hoping to run optical and colour music scales automatically via the microphone and spectrum analyzer. I was looking for a formula that would pick the specific note frequencies.  Image result for musical note frequenciesMusical Analysis
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Mathieu

Jan 10, 2018, 7:02:44 PM1/10/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
The spectrum analyser only has 20 bands. So it's not enough to recognize each note individually. However, to do something close enough, you can play a note and click on the frequency band that goes up to link it to a source or grid activation. No need to use a fancy formula.

koolf...@optusnet.com.au

Jan 10, 2018, 10:22:46 PM1/10/18
to Lightjams
Yes i tried the spectrum analyser. It only picks A and E in each octave. i would require 7 or 12 note per octave.

Mathieu

Jan 11, 2018, 9:50:27 AM1/11/18
to Lightjams
Make sure to set proper lower and upper frequencies in the view/configuration music panel. By default it's from 1Hz to 5500Hz, which is too large for a piano.

koolf...@optusnet.com.au

Jan 11, 2018, 11:46:58 PM1/11/18
to Lightjams
to kool thank you.