VoltVision Praising Lightjams :)

Mathieu

Sep 1, 2013, 9:01:15 AM9/1/13
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Here's a video from Volt Vision, using a wiimote to allow people on the street to control the window lighting across the street. On the 2nd half of the video, Steve French goes on with some nice words about Lightjams. Thanks Steve!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceE4PMAJ7BE

Steve French

Sep 19, 2013, 1:43:14 PM9/19/13
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Mat,
My pleasure and I was glad to do it!  I have been doing interactive lighting exhibits for several years now and I started out programming my own 8-bit microcontrollers... Read AnalogInput1.... now multiply DMX channel1 by the new Analog Value.  This was a fun way to have a drum/microphone control the "Red" portion of a DMX light shining on a waterfall.....but Lightjams accelerates the possibilities by several orders of magnitude!  I have been dreaming about ways to map interactive stimuli into spatially located outputs and the Lightjams concept of Energy sources mapped onto lighting attributes on a spatial grid is a huge shift in the right direction.  Great job on the interactive energy sources!  Great job on the flexibility!  Great job on the scripting!  Great job on the grids!  Great job on Wii/OSC/Midi!  Things are getting more exciting by the week!

--
Respectfully,
Steve French

President, Volt Vision