Live Music at Festival

KenComp

Apr 3, 2013, 2:25:03 PM4/3/13
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi

For the last five years we have run a charity Blues/Rock Festival. Over the years we have added more and more lighting, pars, moving heads, led bars, blinders, stage lighting etc etc and a big stage.

The whole array runs on DMX using several hand controllers on different universes, and all of the lighting is busked live using these controllers.

The light shows are usually great..but ...

This year we have 26 Bands and two stages and each band plays a different set length, type / gendre of music, so it make sit more difficult ( aka fun ) to prepare for each set!

I have now run out of fingers and hands and lighting desk space, so I am looking to move in part, if not all of the lighting over to something that can use the music as basis for the light show.

I have downloaded the demo, but really what I am after is a simple how to guide and what do I need to get it going from the connecting / interfacing through to getting the lights to do things.

I have lots of mikes, several computers at my disposal, various DMX to USB connectors, and a Behringer BCF 2000 MIDI, as well maybe a couple of other MIDI devices and lots of lights!

Any help would be great and if I can make it all work ( or even half of it ) then I would probably end up buying the software.

Thanks

PS I have also watched all the You Tube videos anything else I could find related to Lightjams.

Mathieu

Apr 4, 2013, 9:34:59 AM4/4/13
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken,

With some more info about the effects you want to create, I could create a sample project for you. So we'll continue the discussion via email and if we feel something may be useful for the other users, I'll put the sample project on the website.