My formulas are not working - and I cannot find yours.

anne breene

Nov 9, 2018, 6:25:46 AM11/9/18
to Lightjams
Hi Mathieu

I am apparently missing something. Here is what I am trying to do: this is an architectural lighting project. To get started, I have set up a number of grids with my
special colors that I have used in the past (not with lightjams). I am trying to set up a scheduler for the entire year, 52 weeks with different colors each day. (so grid is 7 x 52). I cycle through the colors one for each day. I have to light 8 columns starting at dusk and ending at sunrise. My scheduler activates a grid once a day, So the x slider should go forward once each day at activation. The y slider goes up once a week onactivation and when the day of the week is the lastx. Seems like it should be simple. sigh.

These are the formulas I have tried.

a. ytopercent(counter(0, grid.lasty, (grid.onactivated &  source.x==grid.lastx), 1, 0))
b. xtopercent(counter(0,grid.lastx,grid.onactivated,0))

These two are making the scheduler go crazy. It seems that grid.onactivated is true a lot more than when the grid goes active.

To make everything more confusing - I have the 24/7 scheduler, it is behaving very nicely but I cannot find its formulas. Same with the time step varying one.
I tried to put the formulas a and b on the y and x sliders of the scheduler - as I mentioned the grid goes crazy - and the formulas keep disappearing..

Oh, and at this point I am using no music and have yet to get familiar with the lightjamspad.

I really hate to be such a drag, and I am sure these are mostly newbie problems. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Anne

Mathieu

Nov 9, 2018, 6:50:50 AM11/9/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

For the 24/7 sample project, there's only one formula. Select the source in the scheduler grid and then select the power slider. The formula is: date.dayofweek==x+1 & time.hour == y. It's using the shader mode option (see the 102 video tutorial for more info).

Leila Anne Breene

Nov 9, 2018, 6:11:03 PM11/9/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com

Thank you so much Mathieu!