Creating banks...

Chris Watts

Feb 11, 2016, 4:39:37 PM2/11/16
to Lightjams
I am using Lightjams PAD to send triggers to an activation grid. My 'foot switch' will actually be a computer keyboard with most keys removed (so that I can target a button without accidentally hitting others).

I wondered if anybody could think of a way I would be able to create 'banks', so that on the first song of my band's set list I would have a pre planned Verse, Bridge, Chorus chase mapped to three keys, with a few special effects (on other keys) and then 'bank up', to provide a new selection of chases on the next song (activated from the same keys)... and so on for the rest of the set list.

Hope this makes sense?!

Mathieu

Feb 11, 2016, 5:51:12 PM2/11/16
to Lightjams
It looks like a sequencer of sequencer is what you're looking for!

Basically, one button would control the master sequencer grid (or cue list). Then you create multiple groups corresponding to the various songs you have. Each group would contain another sequencer grid and multiple other grids or groups corresponding to each step (verse, bridge, chorus...).

The grid tree should look like:

master sequencer
-- song1
---- sequencer
---- Verse
---- Bridge
---- Chrorus

-- song2
---- sequencer
---- Verse
---- Bridge
---- Chrorus

-- song3
---- sequencer
---- Verse
---- Bridge
---- Chrorus

etc.

Mathieu

Feb 11, 2016, 5:55:33 PM2/11/16
to Lightjams
An alternative solution is to link all Verse, Bridge and Chorus grids to the same PAD buttons. And then activate the proper group song1, song2, song3 etc. That would be way easier since no sub-sequencers are needed.