Delay time Question

Jürgen

May 11, 2019, 1:19:27 PM5/11/19
to Lightjams
In some of my movement Effects for the heads there is a delay addet.

What happens when I open the grid >>> if the delaytime is high then it takes a long time until the wave hits the last head on the grid ......

it is not nice to have such a long fade in / crossover time for the grid

and the result is that the wave hits the last head like a hammer    :-)

any ideas how i can handle this better???

Mathieu

May 11, 2019, 2:51:37 PM5/11/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
You can:

- add a fade in to the grid
- don't deactivate the grid: set its speed to 0% to freeze it and activate a grid with a higher precedence. This way, when you reactivate it, there won't be any activation delay.
- don't use the delay and use and use something like this instead: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lightjams/xWl94drntxU/W-aO9K0zBQAJ

Jürgen

May 11, 2019, 4:00:26 PM5/11/19
to Lightjams
Thank you Mathieu for your great support !!

I will directly test it out  :-)

Cheers Jürgen

Jürgen

May 11, 2019, 4:58:47 PM5/11/19
to Lightjams
Perfect!!

So I can use my Remote Slider in Cantabile in the same way like with delay ...... and no bump's

map.sin(Slider(41)+px*midi.control(11,15)/-100)