Using Kinect Xbox One camera in Lightjams

Michael P

Sep 16, 2019, 9:33:28 AM9/16/19
to Lightjams
Dear all,

I am very new in Lightjams!

I have recently purchased a Kinect Xbox One camera in order to use it for creating interactive effects.
I suppose that I, firstly, have to use a relevant Power Supply (Is that the correct one?) and then download the Kinect for Windows SDK v.1.8 according to the instructions here.

After that in order to get Kinect data to Lightjams, should I use one of the softwares mentioned in the Kinect paragraph here? If yes, which of them would you recommend?

Any help will be really appreciated!

Best Regards,

Michail

Mathieu

Sep 16, 2019, 9:40:49 AM9/16/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

One way is to use an app able to convert Kinect data to OSC (network protocol over UDP). Something like this: https://github.com/microcosm/KinectV2-OSC. Then in Lightjams, you'll receive all the Kinect info via OSC.