Number MIDI Clock

jur1...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 12:37:40 PM5/14/18
to Lightjams

on my system there are many midi clocks and so sometimes there is a problem if the programm
is finding a new clock....

today the programm show's the first time my Korg-Keyboard and renumber all Clocks .....so now the Clock 2  -- is  Clock3
at the same Virtual Port from LoopMidi

That's annoying because the clock is used in some formulas ....and I don't want to constantly change everything

is there a solution for this Problem or could you install a option to change the Clock Nr. manualy?

Mathieu

May 14, 2018, 1:43:18 PM5/14/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
No perfect solution yet when clocks are added/removed. You could assign your midi.clock.XYZ function to a global slider and then use the slider function in your formula. This way, if the clock id changes, you only need to update the global slider. Another advantage is that if the beat doesn't come from the clock anymore and you decide to use a MIDI message or another input, you also only need to update the global slider.

I may at least allow to manually assign an id to the clocks. I'll check that.

jur1...@gmail.com

May 14, 2018, 2:18:31 PM5/14/18
to Lightjams
good Idea with the slider....   think I should use more sliders   ;-)

Jürgen

Apr 6, 2019, 12:14:23 PM4/6/19
to Lightjams
I will come back to this problem

Hi Mathieu.....

often it happens that the Midiclock has different numbers

example.... different programm start order

so it would be better if a Port (here in my case Lightjams Virtual Input) could have a fix number

Is it possible to change this behavior?

Cheers Jürgen

Clock.PNG

sightsoundcookeville

Apr 6, 2019, 12:17:50 PM4/6/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Would using a gmem() variable for the clock number work to you. Clock changes position, change one variable. That's how I address this problem.

Jürgen

Apr 6, 2019, 12:18:22 PM4/6/19
to Lightjams
....because it is not so cool to ckeck on every programstart if the clock is at the right place.....

hope you can understand my problem

:-)

Jürgen

Apr 6, 2019, 5:11:37 PM4/6/19
to Lightjams
you're right but the better way would be to set the pointer not on Clock Number

better way would be the reference always goes to the clock in this port

It shouldn't matter what number the incomming clock has ......

Jürgen

Apr 16, 2019, 4:11:12 PM4/16/19
to Lightjams
Hello Mathieu...

I will come cack to this wish, maybe you can think about it if it is possible and make sense:

ClockProblem.PNG

This are my Input devices and the only used Port  is a virtual port ...

The Idea here is: If Ligtjams remeber the Input Port Name why not to connect a fix Clock variable to this port whatever the detectet Number is 5,6,7...

why not to route this numer everytime to the same target ....????   maybe 1       Lightjams Input Clock >>> 1             not 5 or, 3 or 7 or 6 ....;-)     would be nice

Cheers Jürgen

Mathieu

Apr 16, 2019, 6:24:31 PM4/16/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I understand it can be a problem. I'll probably let you set a clock number manually for each midi device.

Jürgen

Apr 17, 2019, 12:44:54 AM4/17/19
to Lightjams
I start Lightjams and ELM, Bome Translater, Loop Midi automaticaly in the background.
..... In this case it would be great to do nothing else.

But at the Momen I have everytime to check If my Masterspeed is linked to the correct Number ...

.. when I am doing things in other Programs and have to restart this Program then mostly I have to switch the clock number.

Then a fixed Clock number would be great, a number or a variable that automaticaly routes the incomming Port-Clock  everytime to the same target (could also be a variable)

Mathieu

Apr 17, 2019, 10:51:25 AM4/17/19
to Lightjams
You can now assign the MIDI clock ids. In beta v538 - https://www.lightjams.com/history.html

It should also work if you unplug/replug a device during the show.

Jürgen

Apr 17, 2019, 12:16:04 PM4/17/19
to Lightjams
Great News! You make me happy :-) ....Thanks !!