Upper Freq. Limit

Jack

Feb 23, 2017, 6:45:54 AM2/23/17
to Lightjams
When I set the upper limit to 500 Hz, does the 20 band analyzer go from 20 to 500 Hz ?

And I think it would be handy to see the freq.range when you hoover over a band. At the moment you see the band index and the value as a percentage in realtime.
(see img). Especially if you change the upper frequence range, you can immediately see what's going on.

And it would be nice to be able to multiselect bands on the 20 bands analyzer. Like press the ctrl key and select a few bands.
At the moment you have to do that with a formula, like: music.1.band(5)+music.1.band(12)

Great idea to make the upper range adjustable. !!

the band.png

Mathieu

Feb 23, 2017, 9:07:19 AM2/23/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jack,

Yes, when you set the upper frequency to 500 Hz, the last frequency band will be close to 500 Hz. Displaying the frequency on the tooltip is a good idea. I'll see what I can do.

As for a way to select multiple bands, there are many ways other than just adding bands together. For example, you may want to take the maximum, average, etc. So I think I'll leave it as it for the moment, where you can do exactly what you want using a formula.

Jack

Feb 23, 2017, 9:30:04 AM2/23/17
to Lightjams
Great. Are you gone make a lower limit too ? or is that not useful because most effects are based on low notes ?

Mathieu

Feb 23, 2017, 10:01:28 AM2/23/17
to Lightjams
No plan for a low limit. As you say, low frequencies are the most interesting and I don't want to make the configuration more complex than needed.

Jack

Feb 25, 2017, 2:57:02 AM2/25/17
to Lightjams
It works great. Very nice and easy control over the beat. :) Together with the global sliders it's very powerful. I love it.