Sequencer With Individual Step Fade In/Out

Mathieu

Oct 17, 2014, 10:21:09 AM10/17/14
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Here's how you can specify different fade in and fade out times per step using a sequencer grid.

In the sample project, the red sources represent the fade in time and the yellow sources represent the fade out time. To change a fade time, select a yellow or red source and change its power. 1% is equal to 1 second.

This makes use of the shader mode. For each cell under the blue source, the following formula is evaluated:

fadeout(grid.powerat(x, source.y+1), fadein(grid.powerat(x, source.y+2), source.x==x))

The core is source.x==x. So when the source x position is equal to a cell x position, the result is 100%. Then the fade in and fade out are applied based on the sources above.

Cheers,
Mathieu
sequencer-fadein-out.ljp

Chris Watts

Feb 23, 2016, 10:09:18 AM2/23/16
to Lightjams
Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for this - I have implemented this into my project, but I am not seeing the expected result, check out the FXSequencer grid...

I think I have set everything up correctly? I can get a fade in, but there is not a fade out..

Chris
Lightshow.ljp

Mathieu

Feb 23, 2016, 10:34:36 AM2/23/16
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
One thing is missing. The source's direction needs to be set properly and targets the cells at the right and left. Otherwise, the shader mode only applies to the current cell.

Then be aware that the master speed and all other sub speeds affect the timing. So in your project the master speed is at 3x, that means your fades are divided by 3.

To avoid problems copying a grid from another project, you can use the File/Import menu.

Chris Watts

Feb 23, 2016, 3:44:41 PM2/23/16
to Lightjams
Of course! Makes sense now. Thanks very much, that works great.