CPU Warning but no heavy load

Moritz wolfrum

Jun 28, 2019, 12:13:59 AM6/28/19
to Lightjams
Hello Mathieu,

Folowing (wierd) Situation:

At home I use a Ryzen 5 1600 and Radeon 570 System, 8GB DDR4, WIN 10, latest Lightjams Version.

I have a Matrix with 5500 (100x55) RGBW Leds sent by Sacn at 30Fps  2xMultilplier

On the Intensity Grid:

2 Sources:
moving randomly across the matrix, reacting on Music with little range, some delay and 1 Sec Fade
1 Source with a pulse (3Sec) in the center with litlle range

Hue Grid:
1 Source: Music Input, Full Range, 0.1s Delay, 1 Sec Fade

Here is the thing:
In Lightjams the CPU Warning keeps on skipping from green to red, which I can observe in the monitor.
However my System is running smoothly at 15-25% CPU/GPU load the whole time.
Even when the music isn't plaiyng and there is no output the Cpu Warning keeps going from time to time.

I can't think of any solution except for using less sources.

Thank you,
Moritz

Mathieu

Jun 28, 2019, 8:19:05 AM6/28/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The red CPU indicator means that sometimes the deadline to process a frame can't be respected. So even though the CPU isn't at 100% utilization, it seems like it has some problems respecting the timing restriction.

Do you see any refresh problems on the LEDs?

This may be caused by another software briefly taking the a lot of CPU (like an anti-virus). You can also try to set the input multiplier to 1.

You can send me your project file via email or post it here and I'll look at it.

Moritz wolfrum

Jun 28, 2019, 11:23:01 AM6/28/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

Thanks. That helped.
I might have located the problem. My System has some latency issues causing some Audio Dropouts.The whole system is reacting with mininmal freezes, which causes these Spikes.

Have A nice day, Moritz