Is it possible to define a location that is not in Lightjams (Like Philadelphia)

anne breene

May 4, 2019, 6:16:34 PM5/4/19
to Lightjams
I am in Philly and need to be precise about Sunset and Sunrise. Can I put my own location in as a variable or would you? If this is not in the cards, how can I delay time.isdark for a minute so that I can avoid a power surge that seems to happen when the lights are turned on. It is messing up the addressing of some lights - intermittently. Has anyone run across this?  These are exterior lights.

Another thing that would be nice would be to have the color name appear on the interior page when editing the color.

Thanks!
Anne

isaac

May 5, 2019, 9:35:55 AM5/5/19
to Lightjams
Hi Anne,

For the Sunrise/Sunset, you can add your own location in the View/Configuration/Data&Time menu. You  must add the geographical coordinates in the Lat/Long decimal format. Philly would be 39.952583, -75.165222 according to:

You can also add an offset in that menu if you need to tweak the values.

>>so that I can avoid a power surge that seems to happen when the lights are turned on. It is messing up the addressing of some lights - intermittently.

This sounds more like a technical/electrical problem (maybe related to your controllers or power supplies) and not a LJ related problem.