Fade In Out

Jürgen

May 17, 2019, 3:52:43 PM5/17/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

I have a question how to use fade in out (grid) with an organic wave

Normaly I use as source for my waves a slider based sawtooth so I always have the same speed and I am able to set the grid fade for Intensity

the same Scenario with a grid based wave >>>> results in a slower wave

so how to work with a organic wave...is there a way to map it also from a sawtooth or an other way to have an independent fade?

Jürgen

May 17, 2019, 3:54:55 PM5/17/19
to Lightjams
 P.S.
.....the Grid fade is remoted  for this I use the speed slider

Mathieu

May 17, 2019, 7:03:38 PM5/17/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

The organic wave isn't repeating (it's the goal). So it can't be mapped to a looping sawtooth.

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 5:31:11 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
Thanks Mathieu,

but how can I remote in this case the fadetime for the devices on the grid?

A source is traveling left><right with an organic wave and the intensity fadeout should be triggered by a midicontroller.

(not with gridfade because then the wave slows also down)

Cheers Jürgen

Mathieu

May 18, 2019, 8:01:23 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
Try fading the grid activation slider if you want a fade in when starting the effect.

Use the fadein and fadeout functions.

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 8:40:33 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams

The fadeout should work for the lights......when x changes to the next

  • with the grid Masterfade I can not work because here I have to use the speed slider that also remotes the speed of the wave
  • with a fade on power I have no result because there is no beat (only a moving 100% source)
  • with fade on x the move slows down and not the Int/dimmer
  • grid activation slider is not the same effect
another Idea ????

Mathieu

May 18, 2019, 8:50:56 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
You might need to post your project file explaining what you want to achieve.

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 8:51:49 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams

....maybe a solution with 2 grids ????

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 9:02:47 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
I have found a solution with a second source that is pointed to the paralell  running wave

this works fine!

so many options in this program makes it sometimes heavy to find out the easyest...  :-)
Message has been deleted

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 9:34:22 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams

With this solution I can work with 2 Midi Remotes for (stepwave and organicwave)

  • First Midicontrol for Gridspeed 0,5x-1x-2x-4x
  • Second Midicontrol for Fadetime

Wave Fade.PNG