<Ctrl-M> or other software as "show output" to projector

Thomas Meier

Aug 17, 2019, 4:14:30 AM8/17/19
to Lightjams
There are lots of projector setups in private homes so I was thinking to use the lightjams monitor out Ctrl-M for that purpose to project to a projector and so can simulate anything you build. If I maximise the monitor window I can still see a window of sorts as compared to say a video player that goes full screen altogether.

As far as I can tell there is nothing in the configuration to change that behaviour.

Anyone ever played with this setup or using Lightjams this way? Or use any other software to project DMX out to a monitor?

Mathieu

Aug 21, 2019, 9:03:07 AM8/21/19
to Lightjams
The monitor isn't really made for that purpose. But maybe you can send DMX to ELM which has a way to open a borderless window for projectors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ6HBWm2z24&fbclid=IwAR1504E3GweDwG_DNUzoZvOYgfeTwkKvgBLBWBtnzPLUMZ12tuTAdyTt7bU. In ELM, go in the live panel and click on the DVI button at the bottom.

Thomas Meier

Aug 22, 2019, 7:15:56 PM8/22/19
to Lightjams
Great Mathieu, that looks like the perfect solution. However trying to replicate the video model I couldn't find the DMX bitmap media... is that not available in the trial?

Mathieu

Aug 22, 2019, 8:09:31 PM8/22/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Oh, you're right. I forgot to mention you need the latest ELM beta: https://www.facebook.com/Lightjams/posts/2275437852552822?__tn__=-R

And also, in your case, you don't need to patch any LEDs in ELM since you just want to open a DVI window. So create one stage without any LEDs.

Thomas Meier

Aug 26, 2019, 9:10:25 AM8/26/19
to Lightjams
Thanks, managed to get the DMX option in the media section altough the ELM monitor doesn't show anything in my case when trying to follow this example... may have to try again as I didn't have too much time when trying out.

Also on a separate question Lightjams has an audio loopback option to feed audio from the machine it runs to Lightjams. The ELM audio section looks very familiar but there doesn't seem to be a loopback. Is it because this functionality doesn't make sense in ELM?

Mathieu

Aug 26, 2019, 1:30:45 PM8/26/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
The loopback is enabled by default in ELM, so no need to have a checkbox like in Lightjams.