Simple Cue List/ Colour change options

Seth Goldberg

Feb 19, 2020, 8:15:55 PM2/19/20
to Lightjams
I am trying to create a basic program. I've finally gotten the system to output to the LED controllers in a way that I am used to and gives me full range of the colours and of the white circuit but I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to then create a a series of looks that I can recall later.  Not sure what the program would call them, I would call it a cue or a memory, anything that allows me to create a look and recall it would be helpful.  Sadly I am working on a computer with no internet so I have to refer to the boards and videos on my phone or laptop and then go and try to recreate things on the computer that is connected.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Mathieu

Feb 19, 2020, 10:06:29 PM2/19/20
to Lightjams
Hi,

A grid can be a cue as it can contain the values of all the fixture attributes. Then you activate this grid from another grid that acts like your cue list.

Look at the 102 tutorial https://www.lightjams.com/tutorial.html

For a simple color change, you should consider entering all colors in a color palette entry. Then you go to the color you want by sending the proper power with a source.

Seth Goldberg

Feb 20, 2020, 2:02:21 PM2/20/20
to Lightjams
I'm not looking to create an effect, just want to be able to allow a client to do a simple look change from one look to another.

Seth Goldberg

Feb 20, 2020, 2:34:28 PM2/20/20
to Lightjams
I have tried matching the steps for what I need it to do and when I go to activate my looks which would be matched to the effects that are created in the video I get no response at all from the LEDs, only can seem to get them to respond to live control.

Matthew Galvin

Feb 20, 2020, 2:50:42 PM2/20/20
to Lightjams
A "look" is the application of an effect (color). So you are both saying the same thing but using different words.

Seth Goldberg

Feb 20, 2020, 2:51:43 PM2/20/20
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
That’s fine but it’s still not working.

Matthew Galvin

Feb 20, 2020, 3:03:32 PM2/20/20
to Lightjams
The tutorials work great. You might want to review your steps.
Here's my recommendation:
1) create 2 grids, 1 with the color parameters mapped on it, and one with the brightness/luminance parameters mapped on it for the lights. (you can start with just 1 light if you want a simple test)
2) Give both grids an emitter with a constant value
3) Change the emitter value on the brightness grid until it is the brightness you want
4) Change the emitter value on the color grid until you have the color that you want
That should be all you need to do.

Seth Goldberg

Feb 20, 2020, 6:03:41 PM2/20/20
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
But that’s not what I need the system to do for my client. Let’s look at it from my end having followed the tutorials step by step.

1) I’ve created a new show in which I’ve created an individual dimmer for each colour in my 24 Channel rgbw controller
2) I’ve confirmed that I have live control of each dimmer and can group them onto an individual grid with a source so I can activate a singular colour (like tutorial 102 says to do when creating an FX)
3) I then try and create a sequence grid where I import the IDs for those 3 looks I created (all red, all green, all blue) move the activation aspect of each onto the screen. Move the source over them (which as far as I can tell should activate the look or effect) and I get nothing.

Mathieu

Feb 20, 2020, 6:19:14 PM2/20/20
to Lightjams
Hi,

You can post your project file. Sending power to an activation attribute should activate the corresponding grid or group. Unless one of its parent is deactivated.

Matthew Galvin

Feb 20, 2020, 7:01:33 PM2/20/20
to ligh...@googlegroups.com

Make sure the source is emitting power, and that you have the directionality of the emitter set up correctly.
It works great for me - I have the sequence grid set up vertically and then have the emitter position tied to a slider on a MidiMix, so I can jump between .

Seth Goldberg

Feb 22, 2020, 1:05:43 PM2/22/20
to Lightjams
Still having no luck getting the looks to activate and now for some reason only the ALL red cue is having an effect.  Any help is appreciated.
Malton Sign.ljp
Malton Sign@@2020-02-22 13h05m.ljpbackup

Mathieu

Feb 22, 2020, 6:12:15 PM2/22/20
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Unfortunately, there are many things that don't seem right.

1) the sources inside the all red/green/blue grids are sending power at 0%. That means the dimmer will be at 0% when the grid is active, which isn't what you want.
2) The source in the cue list grid isn't sending power to the activation attribute. Please check again the tutorials to understand what it means for a source to send power. It emits a green light toward the attributes on the grid.
3) Do you really want to use dimmers to control the RGB (or RGBW)? Lightjams has a RGB capability for this purpose. By using generic dimmers, you're missing many features in LJ.

I've modified the project file to at least activate the all red/green/blue grids. See the attached project file.
Malton Sign.ljp