Machine Jam Toggle & midi.note.latest

Aweseme

Mar 24, 2020, 1:28:24 PM3/24/20
to Lightjams
Hey Guys,

I'm currently experimenting with a Machine Jam midi controller from NI. I want to make a switch (like switch between 8 different colors), so if one button is pressed the other seven are deactivated. I've got this working with the midi.note.latest function.

However, there is a toggle function in the midi controller. Like a deactivated button has a backlight of 20%, an activated button has a backlight of 100%. So you can see if a button is activated or deactivated, but see it's color always (so only the opacity differs).

When I use the midi.latest.function, if I press for the first time a color becomes active. If I press for the second time on a different color, that button on the midi controller becomes also activated. However the button from the first press is still activated, while pressing the second time, the first pressed button should be deactivated. Is that possible? It would be great to have that feedback on the midi controller.

So the my question is, is it possible to switch midi buttons like the use of midi.control.latest but let the source that is deactivated also be deactivated on the midi controller.

Thanks in advance!

Mathieu

Mar 24, 2020, 1:41:08 PM3/24/20
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think you're looking for a way to send midi feedback to the controller from Lightjams. There are examples on this forum showing how to send midi feedback to an APC40.

Basically, Lightjams can send midi the same way it sends dmx. So to control a button on your controller, you can patch a generic dimmer and select a midi note or cc as the universe. Look at your controller's user manual to learn what it expects to receive.