Create RGB White with RGBW Pixel

Moritz wolfrum

May 18, 2019, 5:26:29 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

For my current project I am using SK6812 RGBW with warm white Led's.
Sometimes I want to use make use of the Dirty, aggressive RGB-White (i.e. Strobe effect), only using the RGB pixels at full power (RGB at 255), without the built in White Led's.
However, Lightjams doesn't do it. As soon as white appears, only the real white Led's get powered, but not the RGB-White.

My Question: How can I power the RGB but not the WW to get the other White? ;-)

Thanks! Moritz

Mathieu

May 18, 2019, 8:03:00 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
You can't have both automatically. If you want to manually control the white channel, create a fixture template witg a RGB capability followed by a dimmable effect for the white.

Alternatively, patch every pixel as a generic rgb followed by a generic dimmer for thr white.