Newbie here

Paul Jarrett

Sep 27, 2019, 7:16:31 PM9/27/19
to Lightjams

I'm new to this group and the lightjam product line. Keep in mind, I don't know in detail what I want, just at a high level.  My goal is to power10 LED light strips maybe 7 feet long using DMX input/outputs.  I have a cabin in the mountains and I'd like to have some cool lights for a party. Maybe sync the music, or the tempo of a song running on my laptop to the LED's. Nothing too fancy.

I need a recommendation on the following

An interface from a PC to the light strips.

the light strips. They will be removed and brought indoors for storage.

The software to control the interface to the LED's

Perhaps I am missing some basic things you can all recommend. Power, cabling.

My budget is 1000USD. to start

It would help tremendously if someone suggested specifically what to buy and provide links. Even better, if I could talk to someone over the phone.

Paul
Parker, CO

Nick the Fireman

Sep 28, 2019, 1:44:22 PM9/28/19
to Lightjams
My immediate question is, are you looking for LED tape with pixel control? or just the the color of the whole piece of tape?

Mathieu

Sep 28, 2019, 2:32:40 PM9/28/19
to Lightjams

If you're just starting, I recommend you buy a kit like one of these: http://www.holidaycoro.com/4-Output-Pixel-Controller-and-100-Brilliant-Bulbs-p/824.htm or http://www.holidaycoro.com/16-CCR-Pixel-MegaTree-p/814.htm

At least, you can see all the hardware you need by looking at what's included in those kits.

For the software, Lightjams is compatible with the LED controller in these kits (AlphaPix) and talks to it over the network via the sACN protocol.

Paul Jarrett

Sep 29, 2019, 4:35:31 AM9/29/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Led tape with pixel control