Error message switching input driver

Jack

Nov 24, 2016, 10:26:30 AM11/24/16
to Lightjams
After experimenting a bit with asio input channels I closed LightJams configured to use asio driver.

The next day I started LightJams again, and it had the asio driver selected, like I left it behind.

Switching to Wavein gave me a few channels with a red error code. I'm not sure if that is okay ?

error switching from asio to wavein.png

Mathieu

Nov 24, 2016, 10:35:50 AM11/24/16
to Lightjams
Try moving the slider down to disable the music input and then move it up. This may be related to how your sound card driver works and maybe it doesn't support well switching from ASIO to WaveIn. Is it working if you restart Lightjams?

Jack

Nov 24, 2016, 10:44:43 AM11/24/16
to Lightjams
I moved the sliders down and that caused a green message "Disabled. Pump up the volume to enable."

Did that by all the movable sliders.

Then I restarted lightjams. WaveIn was the new driver selection.

And I could enable Wav en stereo mix. Two music channels. Which I think is okay.

I have no line in attached and no microphone either.

It's a bit of a hassle, but it works.  Thanks for the tip to disable and restart.

Mathieu

Nov 24, 2016, 10:47:35 AM11/24/16
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
When you see the message "Disabled. Pump up the volume to enable", try moving the slider up to activate the music input. Maybe you don't need to restart Lightjams if you do this.

Anyway, sound card drivers are sometimes brittle!

Jack

Nov 24, 2016, 10:48:11 AM11/24/16
to Lightjams
The textline of the channel is a bit short I think.. truncated a bit.
long channel name.png

Mathieu

Nov 24, 2016, 10:50:55 AM11/24/16
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
The text also depends on what the sound card driver reports. There's not much I can do..

From the screenshot, try clicking the refresh button at the bottom. The music inputs seem to be outdated.

Jack

Nov 24, 2016, 10:57:57 AM11/24/16
to Lightjams
okay. I don't switch between asio and wavein much. So, no problem.

isaac

Nov 24, 2016, 11:08:51 AM11/24/16
to Lightjams
I have tried to reproduce the same bug by exiting LJ with ASIO (Alpha Lexicon sound card) driver selected, then starting it again and switching to WaveIn. Did it a few times. Also tried switching back in forth without restarting, and was not able to reproduce. I had a few sources on a grid that were using the input, just to eliminate more possibilities.

Do you have the latest driver installed from the manufacturer?

You could always try ASIO4All, which is a universal ASIO driver that works with alot of cards. I have had good results with some cards, but it's more of a hit or miss with others.

Jack de Visser

Nov 24, 2016, 11:11:48 AM11/24/16
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Ah. Thank you for trying to reproduce. At least LightJams doesn't crash or so. It's all controlled. And it's no big deal.
(I do have the latest drivers installed). I'm a bit sorry to have bothered you with it.