Another Formula

Carl Dickson

Aug 26, 2017, 3:13:36 AM8/26/17
to Lightjams
Here is an effect that creates an effect like a fire place, haven't done any beat stuff with it tho.
Its based on the Fibonacci Sequence

f(n) = f(n-1) + f(n-2)

Carl
Fire.ljp

Carl Dickson

Aug 26, 2017, 3:33:05 AM8/26/17
to Lightjams
Mathieu

Can I control the intensity of a whole group like the master intensity? Thats a good beat activated effect on this, but obviously only want it on this group.

Thanks

Mathieu

Aug 26, 2017, 8:01:03 AM8/26/17
to Lightjams
Hi,

All sliders can be controlled the same way. Just select it and you can link it to whatever you want.

Carl Dickson

Aug 28, 2017, 5:01:26 AM8/28/17
to Lightjams
What i meant is that on the attached project how do I adjust the intensity (Brightness) of the effect?
I dont want to adjust the master Intensity and because its using a shader I cant adjust the power level.

Thanks

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2017, 8:06:02 AM8/28/17
to Lightjams
You can use grid and group activation sliders. Another option is to set the max values of the intensity attributes. Select them on your grid and you'll see the control to set a min and a max.

Carl Dickson

Aug 28, 2017, 7:03:51 PM8/28/17
to Lightjams
The problem with that is the shader stops working if the activation is decreased.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2017, 7:30:35 PM8/28/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The shader mode is still supposed to work when the grid's activation is higher than 0% (at 0%, that really means you want to deactivate the grid). In one of the sample project for the Conway's game of life, the intensity grid activation is at 50% to limit the brightness.