Template for swarm wash FX

Richard Keller

Apr 29, 2017, 10:05:27 PM4/29/17
to Lightjams
Hi, I'd like to get Lightjams setup with a Swarm Wash FX. Anyone have a template or tips? Thanks.

Mathieu

Apr 30, 2017, 8:02:38 AM4/30/17
to Lightjams
Hi,

Here's a template. However, this fixture doesn't have color mixing capability and is very limited in terms of direct control. Refer to the fixture user manual for the details about each channel: https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Swarm_Wash_FX_UM_Rev2_ML5_WO.pdf

You can edit the fixture template by selecting it in the fixture library and clicking edit.

Mathieu
Chauvet - Swarm Wash FX.ljp

Richard Keller

Apr 30, 2017, 3:26:57 PM4/30/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
That's fine, all I want to be able to do is to program the effect type, speed of rotation, etc in sync with a song. Thanks so much!
Are there some better tutorials for using lightjams than what is one the website?

Mathieu

Apr 30, 2017, 4:11:12 PM4/30/17
to Lightjams
All tutorials and samples projects are here: http://www.lightjams.com/tutorial.html. You can also look at this forum.

Richard Keller

Jul 4, 2017, 5:20:05 PM7/4/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for your help. Is there maybe someone who can walk me through setting up lightjams to synchronize this fixture to a song? If i can learn to do one I can do others. I haven't been able to get past the big green pulsating grid, which just makes my fixture do random things.

On Apr 30, 2017 4:11 PM, "Mathieu" <mat...@lightjams.com> wrote:
All tutorials and samples projects are here: http://www.lightjams.com/tutorial.html. You can also look at this forum.

Peter

Jul 5, 2017, 9:07:04 AM7/5/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
I have a pair of swarms I use with LightJams, Honestly they don’t really lend themselves to the task because of how the channels are laid out. I’ve directly controlled them with wiimotes, and these days they operate in a halfway automatic function by doing the opposite color of what the rest of my show is doing.

If you want to timecode a song, it’s best to be done with LJ music player and a lot of if(music.player.time > 9 & music.player.time <18, (do this thing), (if not do this thing)). That script would perform a task between 9 seconds and 18 seconds of a song. You can then attach grids and groups of grids to different songs and playlists.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Lightjams" group.

Richard Keller

Jul 5, 2017, 10:51:15 AM7/5/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
I thought the music sync function was visually programmed? I just wanted to do stuff like:
At this point of song, start derby rotating at 50% speed, set color at X, at this point, reverse rotation, at this point, stop derby and flash strobe, at this point, do green laser only, at this point (etc). Isn't that possible?
If you could send me the program sequence of any of your songs where you use the swarm, I could probably just teach myself how to program more songs by referring to that.

On Jul 4, 2017, at 4:20 PM, Richard Keller <richt...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, thanks for your help. Is there maybe someone who can walk me through setting up lightjams to synchronize this fixture to a song? If i can learn to do one I can do others. I haven't been able to get past the big green pulsating grid, which just makes my fixture do random things.
On Apr 30, 2017 4:11 PM, "Mathieu" <mat...@lightjams.com> wrote:
All tutorials and samples projects are here: http://www.lightjams.com/tutorial.html. You can also look at this forum.

Mathieu

Jul 5, 2017, 12:46:01 PM7/5/17
to Lightjams
It's a mix of visual and formula programming. There's no timeline in Lightjams. So like Peter said, you could use the Lightjams Music Player if you need to use the play time to trigger effects - http://www.lightjams.com/musicPlayer.html. There's a sample project on this page.