I used to be a programmer

Zorpiedoman

May 8, 2020, 7:46:04 AM5/8/20
to Lightjams
For 40 years I made my living writing software.  I used many different programming languages from GWbasic to BASIC to QuickBasic to Visual Basic and finally to the VB.NET.  (I learned other languages, but these were always my favorite)

I remember that last transition.  It was a stiff learning curve with many of the new concepts they brought in under .NET platform.

BUT WHEN IT CLICKED... there was nothing better.  The flexability and power I suddenly had was awesome.

Same thing just happened with LightJams.  I have been watching videos, getting help from this group, fiddling and playing with the software for over a week now, and I've been so frustrated and confused... but now the light switch has turned on in my head.  It is all making sense, and I can see how to do amazing things with this platform.  Awesome.

I'm not sure how it would be for someone setting up a light show for a band with moving spots and such... without the 3D rendering of the stage layout, how can you build shows unless you have the stage right in front of you?

Anyway, I'm not there yet.  Right now this fits my needs perfectly and I am grateful for everyone's help along the way.

Cheers!

-John

Mathieu

May 8, 2020, 8:21:09 AM5/8/20
to Lightjams
I'm glad you like it! About creating a show, you can use the 2d monitor. While not 3d, it still gives you a good feel of the movements and colors.

As for the next step, since Lightjams outputs artnet, you can plug a 3d visualizer like Capture.