Sequensing in different tempos.

Mattias Ericson

Apr 6, 2024, 9:31:13 AMApr 6
to Lightjams
Hi. Again!

I have now started to understand the power of this program. It is very exciting. But the learning curve is tidy bit steep! :D

I do now understand how to move the power source to along the X axis with the different curves. But I would like it to move like this exampel.

Stay at X1 for 20 seconds and then move to X2 and stay there for 10 seconds and then move to X3 and stay there for 25 seconds.

How can I accomplish this?

Mattias
P.S. I am sorry for spamming with a lot of questions, but I am so excited about learing this! :D And I find it hard to search in english :( D.S.

isaac

Apr 6, 2024, 10:32:08 AMApr 6
to Lightjams
What you want is the function 'timedsequence'.

Something like this that you apply to X of your source:

xtopercent(timedsequence(-1,0,grid.onactivated,20,0,10,1,25,2))

Same formula with comments to help you understand and tweak values:

xtopercent(timedsequence(
-1, // how many times it repeats, -1 for infinite
0, // crossfade duration
grid.onactivated, // reset when grid is activated
20, // duration of first step
0, // which cell first step
10, // duration of second step
1, // which cell second  step
25, // duration of third step
2 // which cell third step
))

TIP: You can click the arrow in the formula box to make it bigger

LJ_Expand Formula Box.jpg