Help with next step on Launchpad

Chris W

Oct 28, 2019, 6:47:23 PM10/28/19
to Lightjams
Hi Folks,
I'm finding my way round lightjams and for my first project I have my Launchpad triggering playbacks on my zero88 lighting desk (this avoids me having to jump around layers/pages on my desk while busking bands. I keep the desk on page 1 and use the Launchpad to trigger another 64 playbacks like colour changes etc )
I now want to program colours on the Launchpad buttons for example a red button to show me the button changes specific lights red etc etc
the triggering of zero88 playbacks all takes place on midi channel 1
1.do I treat each launchpad button like a RGB fixture
2. At this stage I do not want the Launchpad colours to be changed by button pressing on the Launchpad so do I output button colour info on another Midi channel?

Thanks for any help
Chris .

Mathieu

Oct 28, 2019, 7:07:03 PM10/28/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Midi lauchpad rarely supports full rgb. Usually, it's more like each button is controlled like a color wheel attribute. The exact midi values the launchpad is expected should be in the user manual.

Alternatively, pacth a generic dimmer for the proper midi note or cc as expected by the lauchpad. It's usually the same midi message that is sent that is expected for the midi feedback.

Then try various values for the dimmer. Also make sure to enable the midi output for your launchpad in Lightjams. Go in thr view/configuration and under the midi tab.