Help to find a source of grid activation

jur1...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2018, 3:37:42 AM12/27/18
to Lightjams
sometimes in intricate constructs, it would be useful if you could view the tracks to the source...

so as example I have a activation of a grid and then the only thing I know is that the Slider is in 'Overridden Mode' but it is heavy to find out from where..... in hundreds of grids

so it would be nice if lightjams would show wich grid is controlling my slider

Cheers
Jürgen

Mathieu

Dec 29, 2018, 8:28:55 PM12/29/18
to Lightjams

There's a button to show all grids references for grid/group attributes. Go in the grid manager (ctrl-g) and click the arrow next to the attribute id:

attribute references.png

jur1...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 5:09:33 AM12/30/18
to Lightjams
That's what I need :-) .....perfect!!

Alex Sinclair

Jun 28, 2024, 1:18:10 AM (yesterday) Jun 28
to Lightjams
Is there a similar function for any attribute?
I.e. I'm replacing a fixture with a different model and need to check that any grids which use the fixture have been updated to work around the different capabilities of the new fixture.

Many thanks
Alex

Mathieu

Jun 28, 2024, 8:30:55 AM (yesterday) Jun 28
to Lightjams
Hi,

You can right-click on the attribute you want to find in the attribute list. Then select the "Find in any grids" menu item.

Mathieu

Jun 28, 2024, 8:33:18 AM (yesterday) Jun 28
to Lightjams
In fact this "find in any grids" feature has replaced the button to find all grid activation references since you can select the activation attribute in the list like any other attributes.