sp/dif

Jack

Jun 6, 2017, 12:15:03 PM6/6/17
to Lightjams
The UMC1820 has a sp/dif in. When I connect it to a HD24 I expect to see more channels from the HD in LightJams. Namely channel 8 to 16.

But that is not happening. I wonder why that is. Aren't those extra 8 lines to be shown ?

spdif1.png
spdif2.png

Mathieu

Jun 14, 2017, 9:53:38 PM6/14/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this setup. However, I'm not sure how plugging something into the sp/dif in would show the other device channels. I may be mistaken but the sp/dif port transports one audio signal and not the information about the connected channels.

sightsoundcookeville .

Jun 14, 2017, 10:21:18 PM6/14/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
A quick read in the manual for the UMC series. SP/IF supports stereo input only on this device unless you push that "ADAT" button. That unlocks the 8 channels, but then you need an ADAT source.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 8:53 PM, Mathieu <mat...@lightjams.com> wrote:
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this setup. However, I'm not sure how plugging something into the sp/dif in would show the other device channels. I may be mistaken but the sp/dif port transport one audio signal and not the information about the connected channels.

Jack

Jun 16, 2017, 3:11:33 PM6/16/17
to Lightjams
The channels are not unlocked obviously. I'm using an Alesis HD 24 multitrack recorder with 3 optical sp/dif outs for each 8 channels. There are 3 sp/dif outs.
But it's not important. Obviously LightJams can't 'unlock' them. No problem.