automatic @ID

jur1...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2019, 1:43:44 PM3/5/19
to Lightjams
It would be a great help for me if it was possible to set the ID#s for a complete folder automaticaly.
Also than the precedences of the Folder.

Maybe I give a Mask like : Pos_SC_

and Lightjams automaticaly is setting all ID`s  like

@Pos_SC_001
@Pos_SC_002
@Pos_SC_003
@Pos_SC_004......

Mathieu

Mar 5, 2019, 3:46:40 PM3/5/19
to Lightjams
Thanks! For the priority, go in the grid manager and right-click on a group. Then select the "Set all precedences" menu item. This will set the precedence for all grids under this group.

I'll check for a way to assign IDs to all grids at once.

Mathieu

Mar 5, 2019, 4:43:48 PM3/5/19
to Lightjams
Here's something to try in the new beta version 527 (https://www.lightjams.com/history.html). Right-click on a group in the grid manager and select the "Set All Ids" menu item.

jur1...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2019, 6:40:15 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Thanks Matieu....this is great ....saves a lot of work when I have to renumber the values when I do some changes.

jur1...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2019, 6:48:40 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
I tested the new funktion but the sorting does'nt work like expected....

sort ID.PNG

Pleas take a look at my Pic

Mathieu

Mar 6, 2019, 6:57:13 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
You're right, thanks! The Ids aren't assigned in the proper order. I'll fix this right away.

Mathieu

Mar 6, 2019, 7:16:55 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
I've updated the beta version with this fix.

isaac

Mar 6, 2019, 9:36:52 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Great feature, I've had to manually assign alot of grid IDs in the past!

I noticed something last night when testing v527.

When duplicating grids that have numbering higher than '99', they are sorted alphabetically, instead of numerically.
But the new Batch Assign feature (v527) was 'smart' enough to understand.
With the v528 the IDs are just assigned in order. See attached pics.

Also, the Batch Assigned IDs always start at '01' even if I input '1' or '001'.

Batch_IDs-v527.png
Batch_IDs-v528.png

Mathieu

Mar 6, 2019, 9:47:32 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Grid names are always sorted alpha-numerically. If you have more than 99 grids in one group, you need to name them from 001 (with 2 leading 0s). v527 was giving the correct result since it was following the grid creation order instead of sorting order. But this was a bug...

Maybe a "set all names" or rename all grids feature would also be useful.

jur1...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2019, 10:56:19 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Thank's Mathieu.... for your ultrafast support !

Warp2 Speed.....

jur1...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2019, 11:02:44 AM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Your Idea of Grid renaming would be yery usefull ......often in the past I changed all Names in a folder because I've done changes for better optical order system

Mathieu

Mar 6, 2019, 12:54:10 PM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Batch grid renaming added to beta v530. Right-click on a group in the group manager to see the new menu item.

Mathieu

Mar 6, 2019, 12:55:31 PM3/6/19
to Lightjams
>> Also, the Batch Assigned IDs always start at '01' even if I input '1' or '001'.

Fixed in v530!

isaac

Mar 6, 2019, 1:19:19 PM3/6/19
to Lightjams
-It seems that the second time I use the 'Set all IDs' on the same grids, the message at the bottom right says that it replaced twice the amount (ie: 20 IDs for ten Grids). see attached pic

-if Grids have no IDs and I try to set a numerical value only with 'Set all IDs', I get error msg. see attached pic

-if Grids have IDs and I try to set a numerical value only with 'Set all IDs', the previous IDs get deleted.

-But it does allow me to individually set numerical ID values without the new feature.

Double_IDs.png
Numerical_ID_Blank.png

Mathieu

Mar 6, 2019, 2:03:26 PM3/6/19
to Lightjams
Thanks for the testing! I've fixed all this with a new beta version (v531). Good catch with the numeric only ids!