Installation safety?

T R I I N

Sep 6, 2019, 12:16:44 AM9/6/19
to Lightjams
I'm sure someone has asked this before but couldnt find it...

During installation, I get random requests to close other programs so Lightjams can continue... Some of them are system processes that cant be terminated ( like my CPU center or even Icue ( which controls my corsair mouse/ KB. I'm afraid to even install this because every time, a new list of items comes up preventing me from installing it... Also, I get a "Windows Prevented Install" because the installer is not signed. I really would like to use Light Jams but this issues are preventing me from doing so.
Kindly , Triin

Mathieu

Sep 6, 2019, 10:27:00 AM9/6/19
to Lightjams
Hi,

I've modified the installer to avoid trying to replace system files if not necessary. You can install the beta v555 (https://www.lightjams.com/history.html) and let me know if you still get the message asking to close the other apps.

For the signature, at the moment, you should be able to click on the more info link and then click on the proceed anyway button.

T R I I N

Sep 6, 2019, 10:08:49 PM9/6/19
to Lightjams
Hi thanks for the quick response..
" you should be able to click on the more info link and then click on the proceed anyway button".

I did that and that is when I receive the messages regarding replacing system files ( random system files every time i try and run the installer).

Mathieu

Sep 7, 2019, 6:41:52 AM9/7/19
to Lightjams
Make sure to run the latest beta installer.

If you still get messages, can you take screenshots?

T R I I N

Sep 7, 2019, 8:31:03 PM9/7/19
to Lightjams
ok so the beta version worked :) Just an Fyi.. I installed the 64bit version. i havent tested witht he 32 bit. Installed successfully.

T R I I N

Sep 7, 2019, 8:42:52 PM9/7/19
to Lightjams
i do have another question... Artnet seems to be red in the software,,, I have a static IP for my artnet node ( i dont want to change this static IP).. how do I configure artnet in lightjams to see my node?
many thanks!

T R I I N

Sep 7, 2019, 8:55:42 PM9/7/19
to Lightjams
ok so no matter what i set my settings to I get this response ..
"Access denied. Looks like another application is using this address x.x.x.x ( x being the ip ) and has locked it. retry after closing it."

  I tried setting my node to the same IP range as the default in Lightjams but still nothing.
I also changed my node to static IP and DHCP... and still nothing. Still locked in Lightjams..

The error is seeing my router IP ( 10.0.0.90 ) and or my local machine ( 127.0.0.1 ) and associating these with artnet in LJ.

No matter what I change... Same result.. red light.

Mathieu

Sep 8, 2019, 6:16:51 AM9/8/19
to Lightjams
The error message says another app is using the artnet port. Make sure you're not running a artnet node config utility or othet apps using artnet.