switch color palette

Matthias Waldorf

May 14, 2024, 6:39:55 AMMay 14
to Lightjams
I'm still at the very beginning in terms of formulas, maybe someone has a tip for me.

I have used colors or gradients from the color palette for some effects. So far this has worked wonderfully. Now I want to use these effects at different times with different colors. Is there a way to switch all effects to other colors from the palette?

Kind regards
Matthias

Mathieu

May 14, 2024, 8:51:31 AMMay 14
to Lightjams
Hi,

You can create one grid per color theme you want. For example, create one entry in the color palette per theme. Then to switch the colors, activate the color grid you want.

Matthias Waldorf

May 14, 2024, 11:18:43 AMMay 14
to Lightjams
Hi Mathieu,

thank you for you prompt reponse!

I understand. But that doesn't seem very scalable to me. Then I always have to repeat all changes to the fixtures or effects for each color scheme. That's a bit tedious and, above all, error-prone.

I was looking for a function to copy an entry in the in color palette, for example via a calculated index.  Perhaps this would be a possible feature for a future version :-)

Mathieu

May 14, 2024, 4:03:23 PMMay 14
to Lightjams
One other option is to add one other grid, add your attributes and enable the relative option. (you see this option when selecting your attributes on the grid). Then you can offset the hue.

Matthias Waldorf

May 14, 2024, 4:27:36 PMMay 14
to Lightjams
Great, I'll try that! I certainly wouldn't have thought of that.

Many thanks Mathieu for this great software and your constant commitment.

Kind regards
Matthias

Matthias Waldorf

May 21, 2024, 6:14:29 AMMay 21
to Lightjams
I could solve the problem using a different source for the hue attribute.
Thanks again for your help Mathieu!