Compatibility with Enttec Products

Joshua Eason

Jul 21, 2015, 12:24:45 PM7/21/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hello Mathieu,

I hope that all is well. I am being commissioned to create a product using Enttec's pixel tape which involves using their pixie drivers and multiple universes. Before purchasing equipment, I wanted to check with you to make sure that Lightjams will be able to communicate to the devices we have in mind. We are thinking to send DMX from Lightjams to an Enttec Datagate Mark 2 or Storm 24. Sending DMX via ethernet is new to me, but I'm assuming that I can use the ArtNet output option to do this.

Please let me know what you think and any advice you might have. Thanks as always!

Joshua Eason
Digital Artist
www.joshuaeason.com

Mathieu

Jul 22, 2015, 7:27:20 AM7/22/15
to Lightjams
Hi Joshua,

Lightjams can send DMX via ArtNet or sACN E1.31 to the Enttec Datagate MK2. That means you can use up to 64 DMX universes.Another good Enttec product for LEDs is the Pixelator - http://www.enttec.com/index.php?main_menu=Products&pn=70060. You may want to check whether it's a better fit for your project.

Mathieu

Joshua Eason

Jul 22, 2015, 12:50:13 PM7/22/15
to Lightjams
Thanks again. That's great.

Jason Kyle

Jul 22, 2015, 4:14:09 PM7/22/15
to Lightjams, jeas...@gmail.com
Enttec pixel tape is just WS2812 tape and available from plenty of sources. Many people buy from here http://www.aliexpress.com/store/701799
Have a look at our LeDMX4 product, it goes direct from ArtNet/sACN to pixel tape which is a much better approach than having DMX512 in the middle. http://dmxking.com

Michael Cook

Feb 17, 2016, 12:04:12 AM2/17/16
to Lightjams, jeas...@gmail.com
Hey Jason,

I own one of your LeDMX4 nodes and I am curious if it is compatible with the TM1812 LED pixel driver chip?

Thanks!

Mathieu

Feb 17, 2016, 10:51:17 AM2/17/16
to ligh...@googlegroups.com, jeas...@gmail.com
From the website, it doesn't look like TM1812 LEDs are supported:

"Directly drives WS2811/2812, WS2801, LPD880x, LPD6803 and compatible LED strips."' - http://shop.dmxking.com/LeDMX4-PRO_p_37.html

You can look at here for controllers supporting TM1812: http://www.lightjams.com/sacn.html#sACNControllers

isaac

Feb 18, 2016, 10:10:21 AM2/18/16
to Lightjams, jeas...@gmail.com
In the past, I've used some of the older TM1812 IC's with my Sandevice controller by selecting the WS2811 pixel type, but I had to use the 'fast' (800kbps) option for them to work.
I can't guarantee it will work with the LeDMX4 though.