Pixel-mapping GRBW LED strips?

Brooks Talley

Feb 20, 2017, 4:30:35 PM2/20/17
to Lightjams
I recently picked up a LeDMX4 and some RGBW LED strips (SK6812-based).

It turns out that the LED strips use GRBW pixel order... and while LightJams supports GRB, I don't see a way to make it work with GRBW. The LeDMX4 will do remapping of RGB, but not of RGBW.

Any hints on how to get this going? I could use GRB with a spacing of 2 to skip the W,but it would be nice to have that white pixel in use.

Thanks!
-Brooks

Mathieu

Feb 20, 2017, 5:34:01 PM2/20/17
to Lightjams
Hi Brooks,

It's not supported yet but I'll add it in the next beta.

Mathieu

Brooks Talley

Feb 20, 2017, 5:57:11 PM2/20/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Mathieu. Always appreciate your speedy replies and updates!

Brooks Talley
760-579-1797

Mathieu

Feb 20, 2017, 6:42:59 PM2/20/17
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
The GRBW is now in the beta (v.398): http://www.lightjams.com/history.html

Open this project file to get the fixture template.
grbw.ljp