How to sequentially pulse (power) grid squares with an input

jcfi...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2017, 8:01:31 PM4/22/17
to Lightjams

Hi all,

Would someone help me to develop a math formula which would power a different grid square each time an input is detected and then cycle back and start over. I specifically want to pulse one of 8 grid squares each time the same MIDI note is pressed, and then, after the eighth square is pulsed, I want to start over.

I think the counter(from,to,incrementNow) function might work with midi.note as the incrementNow, but I don't know what to combine it with to pulse grid squares 1 to 8.

Thanks,

Jeff

Mathieu

Apr 23, 2017, 6:42:21 AM4/23/17
to Lightjams
Hi,

You can try this formula for the source's x slider:

xtopercent(counter(0, 7, onbeat(midi.note(1,10))))

Replace midi.note(1,10) by your midi note.

If you want to pulse, you need to use a formula like this for the source's power:

fadeout(0.5, onbeat(midi.note(1,10)))

See this post for more info about the counter function: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/lightjams/BuMS8PSvGi0/z0AdmCh2Lt4J

jcfi...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2017, 11:09:37 PM4/24/17
to Lightjams
Thanks, Mathieu!  This worked well.  I am constantly amazed at how much Lightjams can do!

Jeff