MIDI double trigger

Øyvind Vevang

Oct 24, 2018, 4:03:42 PM10/24/18
to Lightjams
Hello,

I'm using a formula like this for controlling a cuelist/sequencer within lightjams.

xtopercent(counter(0, grid.lastx, onbeat(midi.note(4,46)), onbeat(midi.note(4,45))))

However, this frequently double triggers and skips two scenes ahead. I'm checking with a midi monitor that I'm only sending a note on and a note off event (plus some aftertouch that's hard to get rid of on my particular hardware). I use the same hardware for similar sequencing/cuelisting in another app, and that always detects 1 and only 1 event each time.

Is it possible to make this formula not so "trigger-happy", and maybe wait a little bit to "cool down" after it's been triggered so it won't register two "beats" very close to each other? Or (better I think) is it possible to let Lightjams react to a note-on event only and let that be input to the counter?

Regards,
Øyvind Vevang

Øyvind Vevang

Oct 24, 2018, 4:22:24 PM10/24/18
to Lightjams
Actually, I solved my own problem: by forcing the pads to 127 always and using MIDI-OX to filter all the aftertouch, it's performing solidly!! So if someone has the same issue, that's a solution that works at least :)

Regards,
Øyvind

Mathieu

Oct 24, 2018, 10:33:25 PM10/24/18
to Lightjams
Hi,

Only forcing the pads to always be 127 should be sufficient. Let me know if it's not the case.

You could also filter the midi note (to ignore the aftertouch) by using the trigger function like this:

xtopercent(counter(0, grid.lastx, onbeat(trigger(midi.note(4,46),0,0,100, 0)), onbeat(trigger(midi.note(4,45),0,0,100, 0))))