LightjamsPAD Sample Project

Mathieu

May 24, 2015, 10:17:08 AM5/24/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
The LightjamsPAD is a general purpose OSC controller, optimized for touchscreens. It sends to Lightjams the pressed state of each button and Lightjams sends back the RGB highlight color of each button.

You can run the LightjamsPAD on the same computer as Lightjams or, since it's using the OSC protocol, you can put it on another computer/tablet on the network. You can even use multiple LightjamsPAD at the same time and their states will stay in sync!

I've attached a sample project file showing how to create various types of controls: toggle buttons, group of buttons, instant...

On a real project, you'll replace the LightjamsPAD intensity attributes by your grid/group activation attributes and move the PAD intensity attributes into the proper grids.

Mathieu

lightjams-pad.ljp

james shelton

May 25, 2015, 9:25:31 AM5/25/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Can this be used with a Ipad?

Mathieu

May 25, 2015, 1:14:59 PM5/25/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

The LightjamsPAD needs the full Windows version. So it targets all in one systems with large touch screens and Windows tablets like the Surface.

For the iPad and Android tablets, you can use TouchOSC.

Mathieu

Robin Larsson

May 26, 2015, 5:09:59 AM5/26/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like a fun thing!

I haven´t had a chance to actually run the sample project yet, but one thing that popped in to my head: Is this a stand alone Windows program, or something that runs inside lightjams? If it runs inside Lightjams, does that mean you have to have a full Lightjams licence on every computer you want to use this on?

I have been thinking about more touchfriendly controlls for Lightjams, in my wild dreams I´m still thinking about building a console in the same spirit as this build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFDIGJQqtS4&list=FLsDG_rASTpITiQDSqRuSaNA&index=2
Perhaps the Lightjams PAD may be useful for something like that, perhaps running on one of possibly 2 touchscreens, I´m just speculating wildly here :D

Mathieu

May 26, 2015, 12:34:17 PM5/26/15
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
LightjamsPAD is a standalone application and it's free for the moment. So you can use it to remotely control Lightjams if you want. A setup with two touchscreens would be perfect to run the LightjamsPAD and Lightjams side by side!