Artnet to Kinet?

Andrew Giugno

Oct 24, 2018, 4:23:49 PM10/24/18
to Lightjams
Is it possible to route artnet in to lightjams and then out to kinet?

Andrew Giugno

Oct 24, 2018, 4:53:32 PM10/24/18
to Lightjams
So i can get it by adding sources and clicking on the DMX address. But what im trying to do is map 800 color kinects pixels and get content from madmapper from a mac on the same network. This would be so tedious.

Michael Potvin

Oct 24, 2018, 4:55:21 PM10/24/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to do this with a clever patching and a single source, in shader mode, with a clever formula to match your patch.

Mathieu

Oct 24, 2018, 10:41:27 PM10/24/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Here's a sample project mapping 8 ArtNet universes (make sure to configure the ArtNet input) to 8 KiNet universes. It's a per channel mapping (not RGB). It's using the shader mode as Michael suggested. This way, only one source is needed.
art-net to kinet.ljp

Andrew Giugno

Oct 25, 2018, 11:19:13 AM10/25/18
to Lightjams
Thanks to both of you. I didn't have a chance to dig into it yesterday as it wasn't quite my project, but was trying to help solve for a coworker. We noticed that lightjams was able to communicate over the network with madmapper so much better than madrix.

To give some details on the backend for anyone who might be interested in replicating. We are using resolume as the content server with madmapper doing the mapping of the pixels which is then sent over network to a node that takes care of the kinet fixtures (terrible and overpriced, especially when considering the products that can be purchased from china for a very small portion of the price).

Mathieu, I will take a peek at the file you sent and potentially use it as it a backup solution in the likely event that madrix gets too feisty.

So far lightjams has been the most stable product we've used on this and the flexibility added with the custom coding built into the command line gives us basically an out of the box solution for almost any instance.

Thanks again,
Andrew

Mathieu

Oct 25, 2018, 12:06:21 PM10/25/18
to Lightjams
You might want to use ELM instead of madmapper. ELM should be able to receive the video from resolume and it outputs KiNet. See https://www.enttec.com/products/controls/pixel-control-controls/software-pixel-mapping/

Andrew Giugno

Oct 25, 2018, 1:36:50 PM10/25/18
to Lightjams
Ill let them know, thanks