Slow moves unsmooth

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 9:41:35 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
I noticed if I do very slow moves with the Movingheads then the movement is a little bit unsmooth ....(looks only a little bit like Packman is moving :-))

is there a way to do here something with a formula???

Mathieu

May 18, 2019, 10:20:00 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
You need moving heads supporting 16-bit pan and tilt. Otherwise you only get 256 positions and the steps are noticeable like you're seeing.

Jürgen

May 18, 2019, 10:31:12 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
Yes.. they support 16 bit

this is only on very,very slow movements and not to see at the beams only the light point that hits the wall is a little bit unsmooth

so the question is: Is their a way to round this move a little bit more ?? ....or no way ?? (also no problem)

Mathieu

May 18, 2019, 10:32:49 AM5/18/19
to Lightjams
It depends how you control the pan&tilt. If you see steps using a sawtooth, that means it's a limitation of your moving heads