Grids activation synchronized with music

Theodoros Antoniou

Jul 17, 2019, 12:22:55 PM7/17/19
to Lightjams
Hi ,

how can I synchronize music with a sequencer using time? What I mean is activate grids on specific moments during the music.

Mathieu

Jul 17, 2019, 2:14:50 PM7/17/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

How do you plan to receive the music playhead time in Lightjams (MTC, OSC, etc.)? Once you have the time, you can create a sequencer grid like this: https://www.lightjams.com/projects/music-player.ljp

Theodoros Antoniou

Jul 19, 2019, 7:27:00 AM7/19/19
to Lightjams
Actually I am currently using the Lightjams Music player. Your sample project was very useful. The first thing I wanted to do was to activate the sequencer at the same time with the music.
Finally , based on your sample project "sequencer-individual-step-time", I can do what I want.
However, do you have any suggestions on how I could synchronize my sequencer with the music. I would like to know if there is a better and more efficient way.

Mathieu

Jul 19, 2019, 10:25:52 AM7/19/19
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
If you're using the Lightjams Music Player, it sends the playhead time to Lightjams. In the sample project for the music player, you see a source moving in sync with the playhead time. That's the way to do it. Each cell corresponds to one second and you put the attribute corresponding to the effect you want activate on each cell. So if you want to activate an effect for 4 seconds, you put the effect activation attribute on 4 consecutive cells.