Patching RGBWAP fixtures

kimabiz

Feb 12, 2020, 3:01:23 PM2/12/20
to Lightjams
Hi,

Im trying to patch fixtures with RGBWAP and I cant seem to make it work properly.

I tried to patch the fixture with RGBWA and adding a effect on channel 6. Is there a better solution and or, would it be possible to add this to the patching window in a future update?

Thank you! :)

Mathieu

Feb 13, 2020, 9:13:58 AM2/13/20
to Lightjams
Hi,

You can try using a dimmable effect for the P to at least make it respond to the master intensity and blackout. To do so, create a fixture template with a RGBWA attribute and then a dimmable effect. Ideally, the fixture would support HSL or HSI like some ETC fixtures do. This way, the fixture knows how to best use all its color components to achieve the desired HSL. At the moment, these are your best options.