Patch Window - Prevent Deleting

jur1...@gmail.com

May 17, 2018, 12:59:29 PM5/17/18
to Lightjams
Already several times I accidentally deleted patches when I wanted to change values.

It would be better if you had to re-confirm the deletion of a patch....(in the Patch window)

Especially since it cannot be reversed and the attributes are deleted on all grids.

Mathieu

May 17, 2018, 1:32:49 PM5/17/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
You can press ctrl-z (undo).

Mathieu

May 17, 2018, 1:35:24 PM5/17/18
to ligh...@googlegroups.com
I see that the edit menu is disabled while in the patch window. I'll need to check why and if the Edit/undo and redo menu items should at least be visible.

Meanwhile, even though the menu is disabled, you can undo by pressing ctrl-z.

Mathieu

May 17, 2018, 2:08:51 PM5/17/18
to Lightjams
And you're right about a problem when pressing the delete key. If you select a dmx address text and press delete, the fixture is deleted! I'll fix this. The edit menu will show the undo/redo items and I'll remove the keyboard shortcut to delete fixtures. Like with other actions in the patch window, there's a delete button at the bottom.

Mathieu

May 17, 2018, 2:26:43 PM5/17/18
to Lightjams
Should be fixed in v504  - https://www.lightjams.com/history.html. The delete key no longer deletes fixtures. Use the delete button instead. The edit menu is now enabled and you can undo/redo there.