MIDI-Stop reaction

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2018, 9:11:18 AM4/9/18
to Lightjams

Hi, I'am working with Midi Clock Source from my Keyboard and

the Master Speed is triggered directly with:     midi.clock.speed(1)      ...........works perfect !!!!!

only problem is when MIDI Stop was sended the Masterspeed goes automaticaly to 0 and put radicaly all sequences off.

So my question: what is the best way to react to this event? .......or can I a formula prevent that the speed ever turn's completly to 0

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2018, 9:23:51 AM4/9/18
to Lightjams
maybe with a formula like this on masterspeed.....but how can i put the tempo into an ID before midi stops...?

if (midi.clock.speed(1)==0,grecall(5),midi.clock.speed(1))

Mathieu

Apr 9, 2018, 9:44:35 AM4/9/18
to Lightjams
You can use the max function to make sure it never goes to 0. Something like:

max(2,midi.clock.speed(1))

So the minimum value will be 2%, which is 0.1x.

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2018, 10:15:04 AM4/9/18
to Lightjams
Thank you...

good to know, but can you say me if there is also a way to store the last speed parameters bevore MidiStop

(only If I need this .....so I can use it)

Mathieu

Apr 9, 2018, 10:26:57 AM4/9/18
to Lightjams
The latch function should work:

latch(midi.clock.speed(1)>0, midi.clock.speed(1), 20)

It stores the speed when it's not 0. By default (after loading the project file), it returns 20%, which is 1x.

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2018, 10:49:32 AM4/9/18
to Lightjams
Thank's .....I will try it out later :-)

jur1...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2018, 1:37:09 PM4/9/18
to Lightjams
The formula works perfect !!  ......great