Customizing logging level

Susan H

Jan 7, 2016, 7:15:41 PM1/7/16
to LightCouch
Is there a way to customize the logging for LightCouch?  I'd like to get so that the INFO logging which is generated on the connections is suppressed.  Is this possible?

Susan

Ahmed Yehia

Jan 8, 2016, 7:34:35 AM1/8/16
to light...@googlegroups.com

To suppress logs generated with INFO, you can set a higher logging level for LightCouch such as WARN or ERROR.

EclipseTalk

Nov 15, 2017, 3:33:22 PM11/15/17
to LightCouch
I set it in the default.ini file but it's INFO statements are still showing up in the console.

LightCouch

Nov 16, 2017, 5:41:10 PM11/16/17
to light...@googlegroups.com
Try setting the log level in your application logging configuration.

EclipseTalk

Nov 17, 2017, 8:55:48 AM11/17/17
to LightCouch
Thanks for the reply.
I see that LightCouch uses the Apache Log4j. I've defined the log4j.properties in the resources folder but I'm still getting the lightcouch statement in the console even  though I set ERROR in the properties file.
 I need to know how to turn off all INFO statement in the console for performance reason .
Thanks for the help.

EclipseTalk

Nov 17, 2017, 8:59:10 AM11/17/17
to LightCouch
I tried to set log level to ERROR in the default.ini file but to no avail. It works for the log file but not for the console. I'm still getting output for the console.

LightCouch

Nov 17, 2017, 7:05:01 PM11/17/17
to LightCouch
Please note LightCouch does not use Log4j or any particular implementation, it's up to the application to provide one.

If your application uses Log4j, then you should be able to set the log level in its configuration .properties file, default.ini is not the correct place to do so.

In case it worked for log file but not the console, then perhaps you need to define "ConsoleAppender" to tell Log4j how to treat console output.