WebSocket support for CometActors?

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Jan 10, 2021, 6:53:12 AM1/10/21
to Lift
Hi all.

As you know, Lift uses long-polling for CometActors. Now that WebSockets is wildly supported, is there any interest in porting Lift's Comet-support to using WebSockets?

We (Visena, a company I'm co-founder of) may be willing to look into this and of course release the code to the community.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Jan 13, 2021, 1:46:10 PM1/13/21
to Lift

Would be a great part of the progressive backoff IMO---WebSockets -> long-poll -> short-poll. I'd certainly be interested in seeing it!
Thanks,
Antonio

Ken Wenzel

Mar 23, 2021, 4:35:01 AM3/23/21
to Lift
We are also interested in using Websockets instead of polling. Let me know if I can help somewhere.

Best regards,
Ken