Servlet 4.0/5.0

Vitaliy L

Dec 13, 2021, 9:38:13 AM12/13/21
to Lift
Hi All,

Are there plans for supporting Servlet 4.0 or 5.0 (Jetty 10.0.x or 11.0.x)? Maybe someone already reviewed what should be done to bring support?

Thanks & Regards,
Vitalii

Matt Farmer

Dec 25, 2021, 11:27:45 AM12/25/21
to lif...@googlegroups.com
No current plans at the moment. Most of us on the committer list have been busy with personal life stuff for awhile now. That said, this is probably one of those things we should look more closely at.

Vitaliy L

Jul 14, 2022, 4:31:59 PM7/14/22
to Lift
Jetty 9.4.x reached the End of Community Support.

Carlos Saltos

Nov 1, 2023, 5:10:30 AM11/1/23
to Lift
Here a reference commit for an update to Jetty 11 and Servlet API 5 with a Lift fork -> https://github.com/talenteca/olon-web-framework/commit/31cc0dcf91eb7fa4693c2d3166d7a7c39b31bd79

The main changes are at JettyTestServer and HTTPRequestServlet with the new usage of multiparts upload included at Jakarta new Servlets 5.

These changes are still under testing but I hope once stable soon these changes can be included at official Lift new versions.

Best regards,

Carlos Saltos

Carlos Saltos

Nov 2, 2023, 5:07:52 PM11/2/23
to Lift
The new Jakarta Servlets 5 are not working for filters so an Apache commons fileupload2 for Jakarta is using now very similar to the original javax old API usage, more info at -> https://github.com/talenteca/olon-web-framework/commit/4e7a7de8059cf8250024957f7f42c7f619a69dfe