No entrypoint / main in liftweb executable?

Yael Bakker

Feb 22, 2022, 9:58:07 AM2/22/22
to Lift
Hi Lift community,

I'm relatively new to liftweb, but I have to deploy some older code written in scala, using your framework, to a production environment preferably using docker.

For this I've followed the wiki and lift cookbook, but to no avail.
I tried posting on this mailing list before, but I can't seem to find my previous message anywhere.

What I'm simply trying to achieve is creating an executable java application from a liftweb project. This doesn't sound hard, but when using `sbt package` or the likes, it produces a jar without a main entrypoint. It also produces a .war without this, which is according to the docs supposedly meant to be run in apache jetty? However running on recent versions of jetty this spits out even more errors.

The only thing that seems to work is running the development server from within, which is somewhat documented, but this is clearly not suitable for a production environment.

Concretely:
- How do I produce a standalone .jar from a liftweb project using either sbt or maven?
- Can I use this in combination with java 11?

I hope there is someone here that can point me in the right direction,

Sincerely,

Yael Bakker

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Feb 22, 2022, 5:48:18 PM2/22/22
to lif...@googlegroups.com

Short answer; Yes - use Spring Boot. We're on Java-16, Spring, EclipseLink and bundle our app in a .deb.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Vitaliy L

Jun 14, 2022, 12:28:03 PM6/14/22
to Lift
Hi Yael,

There is a way to embed Jetty (see docs). It is possible to package an uber jar with some help from the `sbt-assembly` plugin. We are running it on Java 17. If you are interesting I can share more details.