Possibly an environment issue with seventhings.liftweb.net

Henrik Härkönen

Sep 8, 2020, 12:35:39 PM9/8/20
to Lift

Hi!

I noticed that https://seventhings.liftweb.net/ website doesn't work for me, I get 404 error with text "The Requested URL / was not found on this server". On the same machine when getting the page with curl, the correct page is returned!

After a brief discussion on the Lift Slack channel, David Hagan noticed the same issue for him. He discovered that the "Accept-Language" header makes a difference. When changing it or removing it, correct page was returned.

I then cloned the seventhings from github and tried it locally, but it was working just fine. The difference seems to be that there's an nginx in between the app server and the browser, on the liftweb site, so the logical outcome of this was that it must be the nginx configuration that is somehow wrong. Matt Farmer suggested that it might be accidentally serving the app differently for different languages.

Could someone handling that server take a closer look, as it's a bit sad and bad that the information site about lift is down for some people?

-Henrik

Antonio Salazar Cardozo

Sep 16, 2020, 2:39:35 PM9/16/20
to Lift
Taking a closer look here, will keep you posted :)