Happy 15th Birthday, Lift

David Pollak

Feb 28, 2022, 8:58:40 PM2/28/22
to liftweb
Folks,

15 years ago today, the Lift Web Framework saw its first commit.

Over the years, Lift helped drive Scala adoption and provided the foundation for many organizations' online presence.

The project has attracted many very kind and helpful community members... folks who volunteered to help others... folks who made the community and broader Scala community a richer and kinder place.

Yes, Lift has not seen a lot of activity lately.

But the things that Lift stands for, helping others, security made easy, reliability continue.

Like the Apple ][, good things sometimes fade... but they never disappear.

Thank you all for what you've done, how you've contributed, and how you've each and all cared.

Happy 15th Birthday, Lift.

David

Andreas Joseph Krogh

Mar 1, 2022, 2:56:45 AM3/1/22
to lif...@googlegroups.com
På tirsdag 01. mars 2022 kl. 02:58:24, skrev David Pollak <feeder.of...@gmail.com>:
Folks,

15 years ago today, the Lift Web Framework saw its first commit.

Over the years, Lift helped drive Scala adoption and provided the foundation for many organizations' online presence.

The project has attracted many very kind and helpful community members... folks who volunteered to help others... folks who made the community and broader Scala community a richer and kinder place.

Yes, Lift has not seen a lot of activity lately.

But the things that Lift stands for, helping others, security made easy, reliability continue.

Like the Apple ][, good things sometimes fade... but they never disappear.

Thank you all for what you've done, how you've contributed, and how you've each and all cared.

Happy 15th Birthday, Lift.

David

Congratulations to everybody!

We have been developing a product using Lift for 11+ years now, and it wouldn't have been possible with such a small team to develop at such pace, preserving security and extending functionality with any other framework. Thanks to “Let the developer decide” and “secure by default”!

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS

Richard Dallaway

Mar 1, 2022, 3:29:13 AM3/1/22
to jie.lin via Lift
Happy 15th, everyone!

Torsten Uhlmann

Mar 1, 2022, 4:23:45 AM3/1/22
to Lift
Happy 15th birthday, Lift!

Since 2011 I have almost exclusively consulted for Lift projects. And the few occasions I did not, many times I would wistfully look back and realize that Lift helps with many of the gnarly details that otherwise you have to take care of yourself!

What an amazing journey,
Torsten.

Saiki Tanabe

Mar 9, 2022, 2:24:19 AM3/9/22
to Lift
Congratulations Lift! What an amazing web framework, dev friendly, realtime and secure . It is such a pleasure to work with Lift.

Saiki

Gilberto Garcia Junior

Mar 9, 2022, 10:59:55 AM3/9/22
to lif...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

Happy birthday Lift!

We all know Lift is a great framework, but for me, the best part of this journey was to be able to meet and work with awesome people from the community.

Best
Gilberto Garcia Jr || ggarcia.me || ggarciajr (github)